Spring Cleaning Your Home OfficePosted: April 14, 2014
Spring cleaning your home office can lead you in many directions. Perhaps:
- your inbox is inundated,
- your files are filled or
- your time management is missing.
You need to start somewhere so let’s start with the S.P.A.C.E. the houses your office.
1. Look around your office and start Sorting the items that are visible into groups of papers, books, office supplies, client files, product, advertising materials etc.
2. Pair down each pile to the items that are current and recycle the rest.
3. Assign a convenient place to store your resources. If you use them often keep them near your desk, if they are used infrequently store them further way but still in your office. If they are never referred to but needed for tax or legal purposes they can be stored in another room.
4. Take each of those piles and select the best Container for keeping the items organized, binders, magazine holder, bins, boxes etc.
5. Evaluate your new S.P.A.C.E.to make sure it will help you be more efficient, productive and profitable this year.